Dronacharya envisions to nurture and train students with ethical values, vibrant knowledge and professional skills, so that they become a useful instrument in the development of nation and peace.
Total commitment to excellence in professional education and research with holistic concern for quality of life, environment and ethics, To engender this, Dronacharya has a passionate, enthusiastic, innovative and dynamic work force where in individual has been chosen on the basis of his/her talent and aptitude irrespective of age & designation
- Promote academic excellence in teaching , learning and research amongst faculty and students .
- Broaden the knowledge base of the students about the Indian and Global corporate world by using latest Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and modern methods of teaching.
- Prepare the students for the opportunities and challenges of dynamic corporate world.
- Nurture positive attitude and enhance Life Skills among students by developing spiritual, ethical and human values.
- Discover and promote students’ talents through co- curricular activities, sports , literary and cultural events.
- Foster communication, analytical , decision making and entrepreneur skills amongst the students..
- Actively involve students in social action and promote social responsibility amongst students on various social issues to sensitize them to various social, economical and cultural factors.
- Introduce students to the realms of research in a way that results in their orientation towards higher studies and further research and capacity to undertake research in the field of educational research.
- To guide, supervise and motivate students to publish research papers /articles in journals of national repute.
Dronacharya PG College of Education,Rait has been established under the auspices of OCEAN Society and founded in the name of great teacher of the age, Guru Dronacharya in the year 2006. Dronacharya P.G. College of Education, Rait has made an enviable reputation for cutting-edge learning in academic and co-academic skills through its commitment to innovative and student-friendly initiatives. The college is proud to be an integral part of the picturesque surroundings in truly enchanting Kangra Valley in the lap of snow clad Dhauladhars. It is situated on NH-154 at Rait, Kangra (H.P). on Mandi-Pathankot National Highway. It is 8 kms from Kangra Airport, 20 kms from Kangra Railway Station and 20 kms from the hill station, Dharamshala. The College is self financed, non-aided educational institution managed by OCEAN Society. Dronacharya P. G. College of Education,Rait is affiliated to H.P University, Shimla and recognized by NCTE and by UGC under section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956. The institution is the youngest college in the entire state of Himachal Pradesh to be graded by ‘NAAC’ with ‘B’ Grade and has intake of 200 seats in B.Ed., 50 Seats in M.Ed. Course, three professional courses BBA,BCA and PGDCA are affiliated to H.P University. Dronacharya P.G. College of Education is a place “Where knowledge is created, not just communicated”. The college believes that promotion of human values and student wellbeing is the platform for success in life. Teaching for wellbeing at Dronacharya college involves the principles of Positive Education, where our focus is on developing the skills for academic achievement alongside building skills to support lifelong well being.
Our Distinctive Features: A Legacy of our Pioneering Spirit
- The college is housed in its own magnificent and spacious building which includes – a well furnished library-cum-reading room;resource centres for ICT, Art and Craft, Psychology,Language, Science, Mathematics and Social Science. Lawns, Parking Space,Hostel, visitor’s room, common room, canteen, seminar hall, basket ball ,volleyball and badminton court form an important part of the college set up.Emphasis on the use of technology in teaching and learning in the form of SMART Lab provides an edge to the students in this competitive world.
- The college has an excellent track record in academics, in cultural and sports activities. Shivangi of BBA Department secured 1st position in college and a gold medal in Annual Exam conducted by Himachal Pradesh University,Shimla. In the Annual University Examination of B.Ed. Ist year for the session-2015-17, Jyoti Dogra secured seventh position in Himachal Pradesh University,Shimla.
- The college has a Wi-Fi campus with 24- hrs internet broad band facility.College has set up 20 CCTV Cameras for providing safe and secure environment in the college for teacher trainees and to monitor the activities in the classrooms and corridors.A continuous 24X7 electricity supply is ensured to the students with Green and Silent Generator.
- Guest talks, workshops and seminars on relevant themes by eminent scholars, consultants and academicians from renowned institutions are organized to facilitate new learning.Interactive sessions on education and life skills, personality development and practical training in the form of educational visits are organized to Educational/Historic places to enhance educational prudence of the students.
- National and International days i.e. Teachers’ Day, World AIDS Day, Shrimad Bhagwad Geeta Jayanti, Environment Day and International Human Rights Day celebrated to inculcate spiritual, moral and humane values in teacher trainees. Literacy drive, Cleanliness drive, AIDS Awareness, drug addiction and environment sensitization and Yoga and meditation activities through proactive clubs are a regular feature of Dronacharya PG College of Education .
- Regular Morning Prayer , Quiz , discussions and house activities are organized for students to develop social, moral, spiritual and intellectual values among students. These engaging and participatory activities build drive, self-initiative, enthusiasm and energy.
- Guidance, Counselling and Placement cell help students in chalking out career pathways. Reputed companies i.e. Infosys Technologies, TCS Ignite, Kotak Mahindra, Eclerx, Convergys, Axis bank, Airtel, Vivo Mobiles were our top recruiters.
- College has an active Parent Teachers Association and an Alumni association which takes interest in the activities of the college and also helps in mobilizing resources.
- The college magazine, “Lakshya’ is published every year. It is a student’s initiative to give expression to their thoughts/ feelings in it. A Career Counseling Programme ‘SPARK’ to counsel students on career prospects has met with a tremendous success. SHARP PLUS (Students Holistic Appraisal Recharge Programme) Programme for B.Ed. students is a remarkable achievement for bringing holistic awareness in students. IMPRESSIONS (An Oath cum Valedictory Ceremony) for B.Ed. students is a commendable valedictory ceremony of the college.
- College has constituted ‘Best Teacher Award’, ‘Best Student Award’ and Best House award,Best Reader award to honor exceptional faculty, students and house. An Best attendance Award is also given to students for his/her regular attendance in the college. The college has constituted Cash Awards for top University Position holders of the college in the Annual University Examination. Ist Position- Rs 21,000, IInd Position- Rs 11,000 , IIIrd Position- Rs 10,000.
- A path breaking initiative ‘PARIVARTAN’, a Personality enhancement, Life skill training, Art of living and Spoken English competence building programme is in progress.
- The college’s Gyankosh Journal of Educational Research: A Peer Reviewed International Journal is published twice in a year.
- Special classes are undertaken for the preparation of Entrance Exams i.e., TET, CTET etc.
- College organizes an Annual Fest-NAVRANG every year in which inter-college literary, sports and cultural events are organized for colleges in Himachal Pradesh. EXPLORICA, a talent hunt programme is organized every year to promote talent of the school students in association with Rotary club, shahpur.
- Active participation of students in college decision making process is ensured by electing representative from the students in the form of ‘STUDENT COUNCIL. Feedback is collected from the students for bringing qualitative improvement. Our students of PGDCA are receiving financial allowance of rupees 1000/- from Government of Himachal College also provides scholarship facility to financially weak students (OBC/SC/ST) under different Centre/ State sponsored scheme.
- The pro-active clubs and cells i.e. rotaract club,sanjeevni Club, environment club,red ribbon club, elan club, print and media club,manthan club and rovers and ranger club ,women empowerment , grievance redressal cell play pivotal role in community centric activities.
The quality policy of Dronacharya P.G. College of Education,Rait aims at empowering rural students through well rounded and integrated education and preparing them for excellence in knowledge, life skills, world of work and positive participation in the society.