Dronacharya P.G College of Education ,Rait was established in 2006—is approved by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Jaipur and is affiliated to Himachal Pradesh University, Shimla and accredited ‘B’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), Mysore.
At Dronacharya, it is our aim to provide an exemplary stepping stone to budding teachers for their future success. We do this by providing them firm grounding in requisite skills and knowledge that, we believe, will result in them striving for teaching excellence, and in becoming exceptional leaders who will transform the realm of education. The college prides itself in providing superior infrastructural facilities in the form of spacious Air-conditioned multipurpose hall, large and rooms, educational Technology Lab, Computer Lab (Wi-Fi facility), a state of art language laboratory , social science lab , science and mathematics lab, library with more than 12000 books/journals. Staff room, hostel for boys and girls indoor and outdoor games facilities.
Activities such as debates, declamation, quiz competition and other literary & cultural activities are frequently held for the students. Workshops, Conferences, Guest lectures, Seminar and. Educational tours strive to widen intellectual horizon of the pupils. The college prepares teachers who are equipped with required skills and competencies to meet the challenges of the future. The whole some development of the teacher trainees is taken care of through personality development programmes, yoga and enlightened talks by the renowned personalities.
Eligibility:– B.A, B.Sc, B.Com. with 50% marks for General candidates and 45% marks for SC, ST and OBC candidates.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is an undergraduate course offered to those students who are interested in pursuing a career in teaching. The B.Ed. degree is mandatory for teaching at the secondary (classes 9 and 10) and higher secondary (10+2 or classes 11 and 12).
CAREERS AFTER B.Ed.
Teaching Jobs in schools as TGT and PGT (After passing Teacher Eligibility Test)
Faculty in Colleges and Universities (After passing State Eligibility Test/National Eligibility Test)
Start your own school
Course Commence In: September
Course Duration: 2 Years
Total Seats: 200
HOD: Dr. Praveen Sharma, Mr. Sumit Sharma
Phone: +91 94186 76294
1. Learning methodology emphasizes contemporary information and knowledge, personal and professional skill development, student – driven methodology, thinking and articulation, peer learning and leadership development.
2. Regular Life Skills and Training are organized for students of all classes.
Emphasis is given on guiding the students to find direction and purpose in life.Spiritual and Meditation classes are also organized for the students. Guest lectures and motivational speakers are a regular feature of our college.
3. Workshops: Workshops on educational skills, personality development and
practical training in different areas.
4. Educational Tours: Visit to Educational/Historic places to enhance
educational prudence of the students and broaden their knowledge base.
5. Industry Exposure: Industry field trips are organized for students to help
them understand how the big industries and companies. The students get a real exposure to the work culture,tools and technologies used by various companies and industry.
6. Colleges adopts social issues and work towards solving it: Every year
college adopts a social issue and works on it throughout the academic year.
During the year, students work in the community to raise awareness and also
find solution on local level.
7. Mentor System: Counseling and guidance session to help students in solving personal and academic problems.
8. Culture & Life-style at Dronacharya College: A unique blend of activities and enthralling events that builds your drive, self-initiative, enthusiasm and
energy. Dronacharya College life style nurtures independence, value of
freedom, self-discipline, self-responsibility and modern living.
9. Feedback and Teachers-Parents Interface: Tracking the progress of students through cumulative records and informing parents through student’s progress reports or by personal contact.
10. Preparing for competitive examination: With increasing competition among students, entrance examinations have become a transparent and dependable method. A professional approach has been taken while providing coaching to the candidates.
11. Emphasis on English language: The study of English language in this age of globalization is essential.Communicating in English is essential for one’s professional growth. So, we at Dronacharya , encourage to speak in English in campus which is mandatory for all.
12. Parent’s Engagement: We believe parents play an important role towards the overall development of a child, so from time to time we keep conducting
parent’s teacher meetings and keep them updated through SMS, letter with
our curriculum and system.
13. Action Research: Dronacharya College undertakes action research in educational, emotional, vocational problems as to facilitate better understanding of the students and their problems.
14. Research exposure: Practical pre-exposure for research work (Dissertation) through involvement in Social Work, Projects and Workshops etc.