Red Ribbon Club is a movement started by the Government of India in schools and colleges through which, students will spread awareness over HIV / AIDS.
- Red like Love, as a symbol of passion and tolerance for those affected.
- Red like Blood, representing the pain caused by many people who have of AIDS.
- Red like the anger about the helplessness about which we are facing for a disease for which there is still no cure.
- Red is a sign of warning not to carelessly ignore one of the biggest problems of our time.
Red ribbon symbol
The red ribbon is a symbol for both drug prevention and for the fight against AIDS. The Red Ribbon foundation is an organization founded in 1993 whose main purpose is the education about prevention of the Human Immunodeficiency Virus or HIV.
As youth is the coming future of India. So, Dronacharya Red Ribbon Club indulge the youth in the activities which lead to make them aware of causes and prevention of AIDS. Thus, Objectives of Dronacharya Red Ribbon Club:
- To Foster a community planning process that encourages inclusion and parity among community planning members.
- To provide a platform for strengthening the responses to HIV among the diverse populations.
- To increase global awareness of the continuing impact of HIV and AIDS.
- To promote effective action through leadership and shared responsibility at all levels of government and society.
- To promote accountability among all stakeholders engaged at various levels of the response to HIV and AIDS.